“Research is creating new knowledge.”
By asking the right questions and analyzing the responses, we work closely with our clients to develop web strategies that support their goals. We then clearly define how we will implement those web strategies and reach those goals.
When investing in market research for your company, you need the assurance that you are getting exactly the information you need to answer your toughest business questions at the best price. Uniquely at CAM, we have a team of Research Specialists who will work with you to identify precisely the research you need and ensure its prompt delivery, reducing your risk and stretching your research budget. Industry sector professionals deliver research and points of view on emerging trends and regulatory changes, develop performance benchmarks, and share methodologies that address key business issues. We gather the most useful information regarding your industry. industry profiles contain critical analysis, statistics and forecasts to help your engage key prospects, coach key clients, and deepen customer relationships. A comprehensive market research process involves looking at many different sources. Very rarely does a single “market research report” contain all the required information; rather, data must be compiled from multiple sources and then synthesized to reflect the specific needs and goals of a business plan. Allow for CAM to gather this information and take your business in the right direction!
Understanding your company’s competition is a key and vital element in researching what can be done to be better! Knowing what works for your competitor can also work for you. Competitive spending and activity reports have been a mainstay in CAM’s arsenal. It allows us to see where the competition is advertising, what types of creative they are using, when the ads are running, and how many dollars are being spent. Plans can then be constructed to fight the competition head-on or to advertise in a less cluttered environment. There are a series of business benefits you can gain by having insight into the competitive landscape, particularly if you track products, prices, staffing, research and development, and other aspects of the competition on an ongoing basis. “This is so a business can understand the external and internal environments they’re operating in,” says Ken Garrison, chief executive officer of the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP). The following are potential business benefits from conducting competitive research:
- Understanding the market
- Better targeting customers
- Forecasting the potential for the market
- Figuring out how the economic climate impacts the market
- Understanding what competitors are offering
- Keeping tabs on competitors’ prices
- Determining offerings in ancillary markets
- Finding new customers
Having this advantage lets development and marketing becoming a walk in the park. Allow for CAM to conduct a thorough analysis of your competition today!
Your target audience affects almost every decision you may make for a website or application. This includes technology selection, look and feel, interface design patterns to use, and the tone of voice the content may take. Personae are used by the business owners to define their target audience and can be used for understanding the application. It gets everyone up to speed from designers, information architects and developers to business users. The personae may even affect whether or not you do the project at all. If your web application can’t meet the needs of the personae, is it really worth spending money at all? Having a well-defined persona can help you build a better marketing plan in the long run and help you target your marketing campaigns and offers to the right groups of prospective consumers. At the end of the day, personas put a face to your customer and help you identify their needs and wants. 6 key elements in our persona research:
- An Understanding of Customer Needs/Interests
- Knowledge of Where Customers Spend Time
- Better Quality Leads
- Consistency Across Your Business
- Richer Closed-Loop Analytics
- Better Product Development
Using personas, we develop strategies and plans to target your audience. Contact CAM today to get started!
CAM gathers data from across all marketing channels and consolidates it into a common marketing view. From this common view, you can extract analytical results that can provide invaluable assistance in driving your marketing efforts forward. These analytics play a key role in the design and development of your website. It allows for us to design towards your goals, as well as achieving maximum proficiency in reaching the targeted market. 3 interesting high-value UX uses for analytics:
- Issue Indication: CAM collaborates with optimization specialists while designing the site or launching new features to develop and implement a measurement plan. UX teams receive reports daily or weekly in order to monitor the site’s ability to meet stated goals.
- Investigation: In this mode, CAM, with the assistance of optimization specialists—develop hypothesis for macro-conversion issues and use analytics to prove/disprove the hypotheses. There are several problem categories that guide the investigation: traffic, technical, content, navigation, visual design.
- Triangulation: In this mode, CAM uses analytics to verify findings derived from qualitative research (e.g., usability testing) and gather additional clues to help in defining a solution. If the original usability test was run with about 5 users — as we often recommend — then there is always the risk that estimates like success rates will be wrong. But such a quick test has the advantage of rapidly pinpointing a potential trouble spot, which can then be instrumented for targeted collection of a few thousand analytics data points that support much more accurate estimates.
With the right information and the right team backing your every move, trust that CAM can meet your company’s needs and exceed them! Contact us today!