Still wondering if this is a good time to move your Business to the Cloud?
If you are still on the fence about it heres10 reasons why you should move your business to the Cloud in some way
- Collaboration – Thanks to the cloud, flash drives are about to go the way of the floppy disc and fax machines. Storing information on the cloud makes collaboration easier than ever. The cloud takes data off your hard drive and puts it in a “virtual” location that is accessible to whomever you want to share it with, as long as they have internet access. This includes partners, employees, contractors and freelancers.
- Continuity – Remember the old days when you had to worry about making sure that everyone was working off the latest draft document? Those days are gone. Thanks to the cloud, everyone working on a project has immediate access to the latest data. And you can track changes, progress, comments and ideas without constantly having to pull together a conference call.
- Financial Reassurance – Small business accounting software has a well-earned reputation for inducing headaches because it can be so tedious and time-consuming. The cloud allows you to enter data once, update it automatically with direct feeds from financial institutions and make automatic reconciliations. Yes, the cloud allows you to know with precision–every minute of every day–where your finances stand. And that equates to financial reassurance.
- Flexibility – Software can be expensive. And too often you don’t need all the bells and whistles for which you pay. Or, you need different bells and whistles. The cloud is incredibly flexible, thanks to all the apps and add-ons that are readily available online. This means you have the flexibility to create systems that meet your specific needs, whatever they may be.
- Security – It may seem counter-intuitive, but moving your business to the cloud–which you can’t see or touch–actually increases data security. Sure, you may be used to keeping a close eye on your laptop or holding on tight to your jump drive, but that doesn’t mean it’s secure. Laptops, tablets, and flash drives are stolen, lost and damaged every day. But the cloud isn’t. With the cloud, no one can access your data unless they have security credentials. You can determine who gets access (and to what levels). And you don’t have to worry about data getting lost because all of your information is securely stored off-site and backed up.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness - When you move your business to the cloud, you are taking a giant step towards improving your company’s efficiency and effectiveness. The speed bumps that appear in traditional workflows are smoothed over. Ideas and innovations that emerge outside of regular office hours can be immediately acted on. People can work together at any time, from anywhere. Yes, the cloud is likely to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your operations.
- Cost-Effective – Moving your business to the cloud helps you save money. You don’t have to pay for hardware, software, staff, installation or maintenance cost. Just pay the monthly subscription for using the cloud services. Cloud service providers offer pay-per-user (SaaS) plans or they charge by the amount of time used (IaaS) or by the amount of memory consumed (PaaS). You do not have to pay more than you use. Pay only for the features you need. As the cloud service provider takes care of all the maintenance and upgrades, this will reduce the cost of doing your own IT support and maintenance.
- Easy Integration with Other Systems – Gone are the days of traditional siloed applications! Cloud is not a stand-alone solution, it offers easy integration with a number of applications and services. Cloud provides a common platform where you can easily integrate with other systems such as infrastructure, data, development, facility and other management systems. You no longer have to use different platforms for each specific function of your business. Cloud solutions use industry standards for interchanging data and so can integrate with different non-cloud solutions providing you a single platform for managing all aspects of your business.
- Scalability – Cloud solutions offer you the benefit of scaling up or scaling down the services according to your business requirement. There is no need to keep additional servers, user licenses or storage space to cope with the unexpected change or demand. If your business needs additional resources or has new users, they can be easily added to the cloud without disrupting the existing infrastructure. Apart from saving the cost, cloud solutions help in overcoming technical limitations involved in scaling the systems or services. They help your business cope with sudden changes in demand and easily plan for the future growth.
- Easier Upgrades Software maintenance and upgrade is a challenging task for your IT department. A lot of time and resources are needed to perform these tasks. Moving your business to the cloud eliminates these hassles as your service provider will look after the maintenance and upgrade. You get automatic software updates or upgrades on a regular basis as it is a part of your normal service package. There is no additional cost involved for upgrading the system. With cloud, you don’t have to worry about regular updates and maintenance, so you can focus on the most important thing- growing your business.
Take Your Business to New Heights with the Cloud: If you are ready to learn more about how moving your business to the cloud can actually improve your business operations (and boost your bottom line), connect with CAM today.
All the benefits of the cloud can help take collaboration, security, efficiency and effectiveness to heights the likes of which you have never experienced before.