CAM Business Solutions picks up the ball when SENSIS Agency’s IT resource drops it
Panic sets in.
These days physically moving office locations is a massive endeavor. So, when Dove Communications, a phone and cabling vendor, called us to help get their client out of an IT mess, we understood the impact of the problem.
SENSIS Agency, a top creative agency in Los Angeles, had moved into a new office space, and quickly realized that their IT Administrator hadn’t properly prepared for their relocation. The SENSIS team was all moved in with no network, internet or phone connections. Productivity for over 80 employees was halted.
Piecing the puzzle together.
We immediately made our way onsite to assess the situation. We dug through boxes to sort out IT equipment that had been neglected (servers, switches, firewalls, etc.) during the move. Without network documentation or appropriate labeling, we were stuck. Knowing we couldn’t leave SENSIS high and dry, we problem-solved our way to restoring network and internet access for the agency.
The phones remained down because data and voice switchover hadn’t been coordinated. SENSIS was told it would be 10 days before they had phone access. Knowing that wasn’t an acceptable solution for a company that had their own clients to serve, we configured a system that forwarded all calls to one line in the office, allowing for incoming and outgoing communication. In the meantime, we worked diligently with the phone company to get service restored within three days, rather than the 10 that was originally quoted.
Staying in touch.
We were thrilled to help SENSIS get back on their feet after their office move, and six months later their Controller called us to ask how we could implement a plan to make their entire IT environment more successful. Along with their existing IT Administrator continuing to fall short on his responsibilities, SENSIS was growing and really needed help creating a complete IT strategy and building a team. The cost of bringing on two or three employees to manage IT services was concerning to them.
Keeping their budget in mind, and the fact that they would want some onsite support, we were confident we could make SENSIS productive, efficient and overall more successful by overhauling their IT management processes. To be sure we didn’t move too quickly, our team sat down with every single employee to learn how every individual, team and the company operated. We built a custom solution specifically for SENSIS’s needs which included:
- Unlimited onsite and remote help desk support with regularly scheduled weekly visits
- Cyber Security for all computers
- Maintenance and monitoring of all IT equipment in the environment
- IT management and leadership
Building a partnership across offices.
As SENSIS began to realize how an IT team can and should operate, they asked us to provide additional support in their DC, Austin, Atlanta and Chicago offices. Within 90 days we consolidated all of IT management under one umbrella and SENSIS started running more efficiently than ever because a solution was developed to specifically fit their business.
SENSIS is focused on driving behavior change. We work well together because we, too, are all about thinking outside of the box and making changes that will truly enhance their business.
Continuing to innovate.
Today, we pride ourselves on serving SENSIS daily, while also being an integral part of future planning. Most recently, we’ve implemented new strategies including:
- Setting up and leading collaborative workspaces in the Cloud for the entire national workforce via Office 365
- Updating their accounting and payroll solutions so only one person needs to manage them
- Enhancing company policies and procedures
- Standardizing and consolidating all hardware in their offices.
We have earned the confidence of SENSIS employees and they trust us completely as their full-service IT management solution. They feel supported and IT management is no longer a stressor for SENSIS. With the roadmap we designed for SENSIS, the agency can continue to grow quickly. We are seen as a vital extension of their team and SENSIS has experienced firsthand the value of outsourcing IT management and implementing a cohesive system.
Through the eyes of SENSIS.
“Michael and Westin [of CAM Business Solutions] have done an amazing job with our needs. They came in and listened to each employee to see how our business was running. We were over 80 employees, still running like we had five. They helped tighten our security and continue to do a great job! They are extremely knowledgeable and take a lot of work off my shoulders. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing IT services.”
Amanda Romack – Day one employee, HR manager, acting Controller at times
- Inadequate planning left SENSIS Agency without network, internet and phone service after an office move
- IT Administrator was not equipped to help SENSIS grow at the pace required
- Environment across four offices wasn’t standardized
- CAM restored the network and internet connections immediately and phone services within three days
- CAM provided an IT roadmap specific to the needs of SENSIS, strategically allowing them the agency to grow quickly
- CAM partnered with SENSIS to standardize and consolidate all hardware, accounting and payroll services, IT processes and procedures and Cloud operations nationally
- The estimated 10-day phone service outage was decreased to one day, significantly limiting a loss in productivity for SENSIS employees
- SENSIS now has a customized blueprint including IT leadership and support, cyber security management, maintenance and monitoring of all IT equipment
- Costs were cut by eliminating excess hardware and paring down IT and Finance personnel where appropriate
- 72% of leaders in creative agencies don’t have enough time to develop their team members
- The #1 factor that helps businesses choose their IT service provider is their ability to provide innovative IT solutions
- Only 7% of creative agency leaders have worked within an IT environment, therefore leaving them little knowledge on how to manage IT services.
About CAM Business Solutions
CAM Business Solutions is committed to offering advanced IT solutions and services to our growing number of clients. We are best in class, as we bring value, experience and dedication during every engagement. From implementing proven processes to standardizing environments and offering unmatched support, CAM works directly with small and medium sized businesses in Los Angeles and New York. Our solutions are customized to fit each business’ needs.
About SENSIS Agency
SENSIS Agency is a top tier creative firm with offices in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Austin and Atlanta, focused on driving cultural change through behavior. Engaging audiences through relevant content is how SENSIS has built a first class portfolio of clients including the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Cal State LA, Metrolink, San Diego Gas and Electric and more.